Cutie Patootie

I've been trying to work more with my colored pencils. I have become notoriously impatient in my coloring over the past few years, so working with the pencils forces me to chill out and relax - because the details have to be juuuust right :)


I don't know about you, but I never know how a project is going to turn out when I start it. I'm not one of those people who draw an outline of what's gonna go where. I just can't do it. But, I'm in love with this little girl Snuggle from The Greeting Farm, and I love the way she turned out.

I colored her with my Prismacolors, fussy cut her out, and popped her up on some dimensional tape. I made my own background out of some random heart stamps and two inks - Stampin Ups Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron (both limited edition). The second background layer is a beautiful dark purple. I sewed both background layers together - but I think I need a better thread for working with paper. Mine is pretty thin and I messed up part of the stitching.

Now, go snuggle someone...or your pet!

Thanks for popping by, see you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts